My Package Includes:
• A complimentary, no obligation interview so that we can get to know each other. I'm also happy to do an initial phone call, plus in person interview if that's a better fit for your schedule.
• 2 prenatal visits (these usually last 1-2 hours) which can include discussion of birth plan and help crafting if desired, understanding your preferences regarding doula support, addressing any questions/concerns, reviewing/practicing selected techniques such as relaxation or positions. If you hire me early in pregnancy, we usually can fit in an additional 1-2 visits or coffee chats:)
• Information and resource recommendations to address questions or issues that arise during your pregnancy.
• Unlimited phone, text, and email support from the time you hire me through 2 weeks postpartum.
• On-call (24 hours) for the 2 weeks prior through 2 weeks after your due date. Once you are in labor, I will come at your request and will provide continuous labor support at your home or hospital. Should your birth occur outside these dates, I will make every effort to attend. I also have an extensive network of doulas to call on in the event a backup is needed.
• 1-2 postpartum home visits lasting 1-2 hours to process and review your labor experience, answer any questions you may have, provide breastfeeding support, and provide emotional and informational support.
What I Bring to a Birth:
What's in the Bag:
• Massage oils and lotions
• Various massage tools
• Aromatherapy oils
• TENS Unit
• Chapstick, hair ties, toiletries
• Travel speaker (for iPods, etc.)
• Peanut Ball as a positioning aid
• Heat pad
Other Things I Use:
• Positions (for coping and labor progress)
• Breathing techniques
• Relaxation and coping techniques - focal points, imagery, sensory therapy, and more
• Hot/Cold therapies
• Birth Ball and Peanut Ball
• Knowledge of options
• Squat Bar (most hospitals have these available) and alternative pushing positions
Total Fee $1900
A $900 retainer is due when the contract is signed in order to hold your due date on my calendar. The balance is due at 37 weeks.
I offer discounts for homebirths, San Francisco Birth Center births, and select hospital care providers. Please see my list of referrals.
I believe that everyone who truly wants a doula should have one. I have connections to newer but still well trained low cost doulas who may be a fit for you. Please don't let finances deter you from reaching out to me.